CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Dark Side

My buddy at work Matt Miller, told me ages ago that I would one day join him on the dark side. He has for the entire span of my existence at M.I.T. made some sort of Star Wars reference. It all began on that fateful day, when I so idiotically decided to wear my hair parted down the middle with two flips on either sides of my head. From this day forward I was either called Princess Leah (I know, it's Matt Miller! He never says anything right when he is joking, I correct him all the time and say IT'S Princess Leia!) or Obi-Wan Kenobi.


Well, a few months back I started venturing out into the shop during the "guys" break time. Oli's toolbox has over the years become the hang out spot, or as I like to call it the "cool kids table". These guys are so fun and quite enjoyable even on a slow day.

Matt Miller can be rather mean to some of the other guys and I like to call him out on it. "Why do you think that is ok or acceptable to speak to these guys you call friends in such a manner." (OK we all know it didn't come out like that) I really only meant part of what I was saying because to be honest he is a humorous man and cracking jokes is the highlight of what happens around what we like to call the Soap Opera "As the Duals Turn".

At first I tested the waters and would say a comment here or there, but nothing to offensive. He told me I was straddling the fence post of the dark side. Then, the heavy breathing followed by "Luke come to the dark side, I am your father" begun! Truthfully, I am a smart ass by birth and I am pretty quick on my feet with some classic one liners. Matt Miller has caught on to this knowledge the longer he hangs out with me and has come to the realization that I was already on the dark side. So, now we just practice our breathing in each others presence, which makes for a lot of laughs and some interesting looks from outsiders!


GOOFY FACED MATT MILLER!




Footnote: I was just informed by Little Miss that both her and I are Cinderella and Daddy is a power ranger! LMAO!

1 comments:

Allie said...

When I first read that I saw MIT and I thought, wow how did I not know that Lou went to Massachusetts Institute of Technology? Then I started using my ol' noggin and realized that must be where you work.
See, I can be smart sometimes.